Drotaverine- 80 mg and Mefenamic acid- 250 mg Tablets – Adorta-MF Tablets is a combination medication that is used to treat stomach pain, muscular discomfort, migraine headaches, and functional bowel problems, dysmenorrhea (menstrual cramps), excessive bleeding during periods, renal colic pain, and post-surgical pain. Pain is a symptom caused by the neurological system that causes unpleasant sensations in the body. Muscular spasms are involuntary muscle contractions that can be unpleasant and uncomfortable.
This tablet conations 2 drugs Drotaverine and Mefenamic Acid which is anti-spasmodic and anti-inflammatory drugs. Drotaverine acts by lowering calcium reuptake by cells, hence balancing the body’s calcium levels and relieving smooth muscular spasms. Mefenamic acid acts by inhibiting the action of cyclo-oxygenase (COX) enzymes in the body, which produce another chemical messenger known as prostaglandins (PG).
Drotaverine and Mefenamic Acid Tablets Uses
Drotaverine- 80 mg and Mefenamic acid- 250 mg Tablet efficiently reduces spasms or contractions in the stomach and intestine (gut), relaxing the muscles and increasing food movement. It also inhibits the chemical messengers in the brain that cause pain experience. This aids in the treatment of abdominal pain (or stomach ache), cramps, bloating, and discomfort. Take the medication as directed, and it will gradually assist you in going about your daily tasks more effortlessly and having a better, more active quality of life.
Side effects of Drotaverine and Mefenamic Acid Tablets
It is common for the medicine to cause some irritation and itching but it will reside as the tablet gets used to your body. In case it causes any other symptom, which lasts for a longer period, contact your doctor as soon as possible.
- Dryness in mouth
- Feeling thirsty
- Loss of appetite
- Stomach pain
- Do not take the medicine if you have severe heart failure, unusual bleeding from the stomach or bowels while taking any pain killers.
- Drotaverine- 80 mg and Mefenamic acid- 250 mg tablets might increase the chances of fatal heart failure so do not take the medicine if you recently had any surgery.
- Let your doctor know in advance if you have asthma, peptic ulcers, porphyria, bleeding problems, liver or kidney impairment.
- The tablet may cause dizziness thus avoid driving after taking this medicine.
- Drotaverine- 80 mg and Mefenamic acid- 250 mg Tablets may not be given to children as the safety tests have not been performed and it might affect them badly.
- Avoid the consumption of alcohol and cigarettes while you are on the treatment with this tablet.
Dosage and How to Take It?
The tablet must be taken as per your doctor’s prescription. Your doctor will decide the dose after examining your condition and health status. A normal dosage of this medicine is 1 tablet for seven days. You can take it before or after the meal but prefer taking it after the meal and at the same time each day. Keep the tablets away from direct sunlight and away from children’s reach.