Tranexamic Acid – TRAPRED 500 SR which is used for treating abnormal or unwanted bleeding. If the woman bleeds heavily during the menses then the medication helps in controlling the heavy bleeding. The medication is also useful for treating the excessive bleeding of the nose, eyes, etc. The bleeding that occurs before the tooth enamel is also cured with the help of this medication.
The composition of Tranexamic Acid helps in making the person comfortable from the excessive bleeding that occurs during the periods, before tooth enamel, in the nose, etc. The enzyme which is responsible for the breakdown of the clots is prevented with the help of this medication. The flow of the blood is reduced after the intake of the medication.
Uses Of Tranexamic Acid
The medication is helpful in providing relief to the person suffering from abnormal or excessive bleeding. Belonging to the class of anti-fibrinolytic the medication blocks the enzyme which breaks down the blood clots making the blood flow more. When the enzyme is blocked then the flow of the blood reduces and the clots are regularised. Thus, the use of the medication helps in providing relief to the person suffering from abnormal bleeding.
Directions For Use
The use of the composition of the medication is advised by the doctor as the dose of the medication is based on the medical condition of the person. To get better faster the person is advised not to administer the dose on his own.
Side Effects Of Tranexamic Acid
When the side effects occur the person is advised not to panic as the side effects which occur are almost common and would disappear on their own.
- Itchy skin
Precautions To Be Taken
To get the positive results from the medication the person is advised to consider the following precautions seriously :
- Before the use of the medication, it is advised to inform the doctor if the person notices the flow of the blood in the urine except during the mensuration cycle.
- The woman having irregular menses is advised to inform the doctor before the use of the medication.
- Before the use of the medication, the woman is advised to inform the doctor if she is pregnant or planning to get pregnant.
- During the treatment, the person is advised to avoid the use of taking the birth pills as they may interact with the medication making the person ill.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Can the person suffering from cancer take the anti-cancer medication along with Tranexamic Acid?
No, it is advised to avoid the use of other medications with this composition. The interaction of both medications is possible. The person suffering from the cancer is advised to consult the doctor before undergoing the treatment.
- What special advice is to be followed during the treatment?
During the treatment of this medication, the person is advised to get his eyes checked on a regular basis. If the person notices the changes in the eyes then he should consult the doctor immediately.